Tuesday, May 29, 2012

spotlight on: bravo happy hour

Truly, there is nothing like a good happy hour. My friend here in Baton Rouge and I are on a search for the best ones in the city. Thus far, my favorite has been Kona Grill (see this post). But the one at Bravo! (yes, including the cheesy exclamation mark) is a close runner-up.

My Bravo! is located at Mall of Louisiana, in their little outside promenade, if you will. Like Kona, you have to sit in the bar to get the deals. The bar includes their outdoor section. They have a cute little patio with lots of hanging lights. I haven't actually been able to sit outside because it is h o t here in BR already, and I've only gone during the day, but I have intention to camp out on a Friday evening to people watch, sip, and dine.

At ours, the hours are Monday - Friday from 3 - 7 PM and 9 PM - close. This is very generous as far as happy hour times go,  so there's an advantage. Their drinks are a bit more expensive than Kona ($5 each), but they have some seriously delicious options that are pretty intricate (including the below, as captured by my cell phone.. I wanted to get pics of the food, too, but I already felt a lil foolish snapping a photo of my drink -- guess I'm not in full blogger mode yet, huh? Side note: Yay, Instagram for Android!).

Sangria Rosa -- raspberry vodka, muddled pineapple & strawberry, Rosa Regale

Their food is the real winner -- their "bar bites" are $3.95! These are very generous portions (which makes up for the less than generous portions of alcohol they put in their drinks.. ahem). This includes their Bravo! burger with fries (a generous burger with provolone and caramelized onions on a crisp bun with amazing thin, crunchy fries -- I highly recommend it!), cheese ravioli with assorted sauces (three giant raviolis in alfredo sauce with pesto and marinara), a caprese salad, a "lasagna" dip with crispy bread, huge chicken and bacon flatbread, etc.! Even better, there are several vegetarian friendly options on the menu.

I hope you have a Bravo! near you and can check out this great happy hour. I know I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me your lovely thoughts!