Thursday, May 10, 2012

great advice from a beautiful mess

Elsie from A Beautiful Mess is one of my absolute favorite blogs. Everything she posts inspires me, and the fact that she's made her blog into a super successful business is really impressive. I have no desire to make blogging my full-time job, but I did find her recent post on how to make a great blog useful.



One of her tips is to give your blog a solid, defined theme. So because I'm going to have a tiny bit more time during the summer (no graduate school classes for this girl!), I figured I would put some work into this little blog of mine. I think a theme is a great place to start.

So from now on, the theme of The Clever Life is going to be "thrifty living." I've kind of stuck to that theme thus far (with my happy hour posts, sweepstakes winner posts, etc.), so I think that's a good direction for me to head. And it's what I know a lot (or at least a little!) about.

I'm planning out some more posts, including showing off some freebies I've gotten recently, spotlights on some more happy hours and the like, and just various ways I've found to save money. So be on the lookout for more content coming soon!

Some people might call me cheap, but I think I'm just clever ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me your lovely thoughts!