Sunday, April 8, 2012

a lazy weekend

Dear Weekend,
Thank you for being SO good to me. You were hot but not too hot, sunny but not too sunny, and just the right amount of breezy. And definitely lazy, can't forget that one.
You came right when I needed you.
So thanks for that.
Love,
Hilary


The boy came down this weekend, and really, all we've done is hang out by my apartment complex's pool (looks like a resort, right?!) with $35 worth of daiquiris (true story -- I had a LivingSocial deal that was expiring today!). Geeze, I'm pale. Oh, and we've cooked. And we are not cookers, as I may have mentioned. We made that garlic shrimp I mentioned in my last post, and it was equally delicious (we used 3/4 of a pound for the both of us, by the way, and poured it and the sauce it makes over some jasmine rice -- scrumptious!). David even steamed some green beans. I know, we're gettin' pretty fancy over here.
Tonight we're making some grilled chicken (thanks, George Foreman, you're a pal), mashed potatoes, and oven-baked asparagus. We are crossing our fingers and hoping for the best. After some dinner, we're headed to Jeff, Who Lives at Home at Perkins Rowe. Tomorrow it's back to work with me, and I won't even be that mad about it because of how much relaxin' we've been doing. It helps that I don't have class this week. So hopefully I'll get some serious cleaning, maybe some crafting, done, which would mean a few good blog posts. We'll see!
P.S. Next post -- what to do with all that matzoh you've got!

2 comments:

  1. i am officially ridiculously jealous of your apartment's pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, I'm kind of in love with it. The only problem is it's always packed because it's so nice!
    x Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me your lovely thoughts!