Tuesday, March 29, 2011

tips on saving money, post one

So I've decided one of my features here on one cluttered life is going to be about saving money. Since I'm soon going to become a graduate student and in serious debt, I figured I'd share the wealth (Disclaimer: This phrase is meant figuratively only. I have no actual wealth to share.) and post when I find some good deals, thrifty schemes, etc.

My first featured program? That's going to be Ebates.

(And yes, you'll be doing me a favor by clicking the button above! It has my referral code. Just keeping transparency alive.)

When you sign up, you'll get to pick between a few different $10 gift cards or $5 Ebates cash (that's what I picked). Then you just go to Ebates any time you're going to buy something online. There are an absolute TON of participating stores, including some really cool ones like ModCloth (you get 3.5% back), Urban Outfitters (2.5%), and Aerie (3%). If you're buying big ticket items or just going on a fashion shopping spree (I wish!), or even getting something you actually NEED (which is advised if you're actually trying to save money..), the rebates really add up! Just make sure you visit the site and click through Ebates to get to the store you're looking for, or you won't get your rebate! And that would be a pity. On occasion, they even double the amount you get back (You can sign up for their email list, and they'll update you when the double discounts change.).

Yesterday I received an envelope from eBates. My "Big Fat Check," as it were, was for $8.50. BUT considering you don't have to do anything in order to get such a rebate, it's a pretty good deal. You should check it out! And if you do, please please please use my referral code -- I'd really appreciate it!

Oh, and did I mention they have coupons too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me your lovely thoughts!